Nuffnang

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

View from Tagaytay Ridge

Located in the Province of Batangas, on the border with Cavite, is Taal Lake. Taal Lake is the not the largest lake in the Philippines, being the third largest, but it does have the distinction of being the the only lake in the country with its own volcano. On a small island, named Pulo , sits Taal Volcano. This active volcano gives this freshwater lake its high sulfuric content.

Taal Lake with Taal Volcano on the far right

Just to the north of the Pulo is the City of Tagaytay in the Province of Cavite. Perched on a steep ridge at an altitude over 600 meters over sea level, Tagaytay offers a breathtaking view of Taal Lake and the sleeping giant that it holds within. The cool clean mountain air is a welcome relief from the hot climate in the Philippines. Tagaytay, in my opinion, is the most beautiful places in my country.

View Tagaytay Ridge from One Destination

Being less than two hours from Metro Manila, the Tagaytay is my favorite hideaway when I need respite from the stress of city life. It is just near enough so that you can go there on a whim. The roads going there are good, making it is an easy drive. On several occasions I have packed my laptop and sought refuge in this serene place. Meeting a deadline is easier and more pleasant, over a cup of coffee in the cool crisp mountain air. Click the button on the browser, send the email on its way, and sit back and take your last view of the lake as twilight sets in while taking another sip of Starbucks Coffee.

Taal Volcano up close

If you are visiting my country, I urge you to take a one or two day stop in Tagaytay City. It is well worth the trip. From Metro Manila, it is just a short detour, if you are planning to visit the white sand beaches in Batangas and Mindoro. If looking at the sleeping giant is not enough, you can take a 20km trip to the edge of the lake and take a boat ride to Pulo Island. There you can get a look of the Taal Volcano up close. That I leave to the more adventurous types. Me, I am happy enough looking down at the sleeping giant from Tagaytay Ridge.

1 comment:

marked said...

To The Author of the BLOG:

hello, I can't seem to find your contact info here so I'm messaging you here at comments.

I'm a student from UST Architecture in Manila and I am currently doing my thesis project. My project involves proposing a Taal - Tagaytay Visitor Information Center.

Right now,I'm gathering data from interviews. I have interviewed hotel managers, Tourism officials, deans and professors.

If you would agree, I would like to chat with you in yahoo messenger or skype regarding my thesis and would like to know any ideas you have about visitor centers and Tagaytay in general.

You may contact me at:

the_archited@yahoo.com
0922-8520314

Thank you,

Related Posts with Thumbnails